Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Handy Food and Other Stuff

1. Dairy - Milk, 2%, shredded Mexican style cheese, yogurt (nonfat Greek, cream on top, and drinks)
2. Juices - OJ, white grape juice, Gatorade for the husband;
3. Grains - bread, raisin bread, rice, tortillas;
4. Veggies - all the time - broccoli, carrots, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, peppers, potato; when in season - potato, squashes, avocado;
5. Fruits - all the time - bananas; when in season - apples, peaches/plums, Rainier Cherries, persimmons;
6. Other - Salsa (chunky, mild), Chips (current favorite Lays Baked Ruffles), PB&J, Cereal;
7. Travel size - Horizon 2% milk (chocolate and white), Welch's White Grape Juice, Annie's fruit snacks, Goldfish, Starbucks Via Instant coffee, Coffeemate Instant Creamer (for me), and of course travel dishes, linens, and extra clothing all kept in a ready to go bag in my automobiles.
8. Water - I always have water with me in my stainless steel containers. My son and I use Kleen Kanteen products and now I use the 16 oz. insulated cup with the cafe top for nearly everything. For power outages we always keep a dozen or so bottles on hand in addition to a few gallons for the dogs and chickens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home