Monday, March 8, 2010

What to Do on a 2ww

1) Watch movies/shows. I watch www.hulu.com or Netflixstreaming and rentals. We don't have cable.
2) Read a book. Right now I'm reading "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett. I'm also a romance junkie but I'm avoiding those books because I am currently abstaining from intercourse and don't want any outside influences to interfere with that abstinence, including kicking my husband out of our bedroom for as long as possible.
3) Blog/Journal. I'm doing both reading and writing in blogs and journals.
4) Sew. I have some unfinished hand sewing projects. I only wish I had gotten out my unfinished hand quilting projects as well. Oh well, see #1.
5) Organize electronic (or paper) files. Most of my home office is paperless. I can organize that "paperwork" in bed with my laptop with an internet connection and a plethora of USB thumb drives.
6) Work. OK, so not ideal and certainly not helpful on my stress level but there is something to be said about the distraction of work than can soothe a restless soul. Since I am self-employed and work from home I can do this at my own pace and I've prepared my work load to be light this week. Also, see #7.
7) Crosswords and Puzzles. I am a puzzle addict! I keep a book of "Variety Puzzles" at my bedside for those difficult nights of sleeplessness. If I work too long in a day with numbers, taxes, and accounting running through my head I turn to the comfort of crosswords and puzzles, specifically anything non-number related.
8) Meals in bed. This isn't the average normal eating in bed and it's reserved for the time I spend in bed rest. Breakfast is usually a hot cup of cocoa with an egg white and cheese burrito on a small corn tortilla or oatmeal with fruit and nuts. Lunch is soup and chips (Lays Baked original). Dinner cravings have been a little crazy with marinated beef and eggplant or a kale/carrot/rice noodle stir fry. I'm craving BBQ anything right now too.
9) Gentle yoga/meditation. Most stretching or yoga for pregnancy is safe. I avoid crunchies and other activities involving the abdomen. Also, it's best not to do strenuous exercise, especially anything you're not used to or didn't do before you were (potentially) pregnant.
10) Make Lists. Grocery lists, to do lists, lists for work, baby names, desirable maternity clothing, desirable new baby gear, ways to save money on that gear, list of symptoms, and what to do during my 2ww, LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home